Sunday, 20 May 2012

The ultimate Korean fusion burger - The Bundang Burger


I can't believe I haven't written up this recipe yet. I created this for the first time back in 2006 as I used to shop a lot in Costco in Korea (best pizza in the country by the way!). I would buy a ton of minced beef and freeze it.
One day I decided to make a burger but 'Koreanize' it with red pepper paste and Korean chillies. This has become one of my favourite ever recipes. It gives a fantastic kick and a taste I've had from no other burger. The name simply comes from the are I was living in at the time.

Bundang Burger
Spicy? - Yes
Time to cook? 20 minutes
Serves? 2

Ingredients
1 pound minced beef
2 desert spoons gochujang (red pepper paste)
2 teaspoons salt
2 Korean chillis
Cheddar cheese
2 burger buns

Method
1) In a bowl, mix the beef, salt and gochujang to form two patties. Make sure it is well pressed to avoid the burger falling apart.

2) Fry the burgers for 20 minutes (or until cooked depending on how thick your burger is).

3) Fry off the chopped chillies in another pan.

4) When the burgers are almost done, place the chillies on the patties and cover with grated cheese until the cheese melts.

5) Serve in a bun either on it's own or with any side of your choice!

This is also pretty good inside a bagel!

No comments:

Post a Comment